Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Proofreaders and Copy Markers: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Proofreaders and Copy Markers
What Proofreaders and copy markers Do
Read transcript or proof type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors. Excludes workers whose primary duty is editing copy. Includes proofreaders of Braille.
Proofreader and copy marker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 13,600
- May 2015 median annual wage: $35,630
Job Outlook for Proofreaders and copy markers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -300
- Growth rate: -2 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Proofreader or copy marker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: Bachelor's degree
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: None
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.