Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
Top 3 refinery operator Jobs
- CJ Bio America
- Fort Dodge, IA
PROD_ Operator Department: Production Reports to: Department Manager Career Path: T Function: Production ■Full-Time ■ Non-Exempt Job Summary The Production Operator 's role is to maintain ...
- Texas International Refining Company
- Galveston, TX
Board Operator will be accountable for the safe and optimal operation and control of the Crude ... Refining , LLC's Safe Work Practices. Employees will be expected to apply demonstrated technology ...
Process Engineer - Refinery
- Oklahoma City, OK
Will be assigned to a specific unit)s) within the refinery with responsibilities of daily ... Will work in a team environment with operators and engineers to maintain and troubleshoot problems ...
What They Do
Operate or control petroleum refining or processing units. May specialize in controlling manifold and pumping systems, gauging or testing oil in storage tanks, or regulating the flow of oil into pipelines.
- 2020 employment: 40,600
- May 2021 median annual wage: $79,540
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 2,300
- Growth rate: 6 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.