Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Ophthalmic Medical Technicians
Ophthalmic Medical Technicians
Top 3 ophthalmic medical technician Jobs
- UCLA Health
- Westwood, CA
Duties will include entering medical data quickly and accurately; preparing electronic charts of upcoming new and established patients by entering
Ophthalmic / Medical Technician
- Morristown Ophthalmology Associates, P.A.
- Morristown, NJ
EMR, NextGen software, medical experience a plus but willing to train. Health benefits and 401K available.
Ophthalmic Medical Technician
- Des Moines Eye Surgeons
- West Des Moines, IA
The successful candidate will have a minimum of one year experience in ophthalmic/optometry assisting. We are a very busy clinic, with
See all ophthalmic medical technician jobs
What Ophthalmic medical technicians Do
Assist ophthalmologists by performing ophthalmic clinical functions. May administer eye exams, administer eye medications, and instruct the patient in care and use of corrective lenses.
Ophthalmic medical technician Salaries
- 2014 employment: 37,000
- May 2015 median annual wage: $35,350
Job Outlook for Ophthalmic medical technicians
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 9,100
- Growth rate: 25 percent (Much faster than average)
How to Become an Ophthalmic medical technician
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: Postsecondary nondegree award
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: None
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.