Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Model Makers (Wood): Jobs, Career and Salary Information
Model Makers (Wood)
Top 3 model makers Jobs
Architectural Model Maker
- Los Angeles, CA
Software: AutoCAD, Rhino and/or 3Dstudio Max, Adobe CS • Reading and interpreting architecture drawings • Preparing files, operating and maintaining
Senior Sales Representative
- Advanced Energy Products
- Davis, CA
- Advanced Mold Technology
- Brea, CA
Moldmaker experience highly prefer please.
CNC MOLD MAKER/PROGRAMMER:
- MUST BE ABLE to program with Master Cam X9 for CNC Mills with 3, 4 and
See all model makers jobs
What Model makers Do
Construct full-size and scale wooden precision models of products. Includes wood jig builders and loft workers.
Model maker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 2,600
- May 2015 median annual wage: $33,590
Job Outlook for Model makers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 0
- Growth rate: -1 percent (Little or no change)
How to Become a Model maker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.