Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Mine Shuttle Car Operators: Jobs, Career and Salary Information
Mine Shuttle Car Operators
What Mine shuttle car operators Do
Operate diesel or electric-powered shuttle car in underground mine to transport materials from working face to mine cars or conveyor.
Mine shuttle car operator Salaries
- 2014 employment: 2,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $55,320
Job Outlook for Mine shuttle car operators
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -100
- Growth rate: -2 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Mine shuttle car operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.