Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Layout Workers (Metal and Plastic): Career Information
Layout Workers (Metal and Plastic)
Top 3 Layout Worker Jobs
Pile Buck (Pile Driver) / Crane Operator
- Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction
- Draper, UT
Other duties may be assigned. (Many of the tasks performed are not full time and the size of the project and scope of the work determines whether a
- Chicago, IL
Examine and inspect orders before packing to make sure specifications are met
Certified Advanced Cruiser Trainer
- National Older Worker Career Center
- Fort Collins, CO
OR Minimum of 15 year(s) of experience in in Agriculture, natural
resources, agronomy or related field of study.
Knowledge of timber
See all Layout Worker jobs
What They Do
Lay out reference points and dimensions on metal or plastic stock or workpieces, such as sheets, plates, tubes, structural shapes, castings, or machine parts, for further processing. Includes shipfitters.
Layout worker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 13,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $44,530
Job Outlook for Layout workers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -2,700
- Growth rate: -20 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Layout worker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.