Gas Compressor and Gas Pumping Station Operators
What Gas compressor and gas pumping station operators Do
Operate steam, gas, electric motor, or internal combustion engine driven compressors. Transmit, compress, or recover gases, such as butane, nitrogen, hydrogen, and natural gas.
Gas compressor and gas pumping station operator Salaries
- 2020 employment: 4,100
- May 2021 median annual wage: $70,720
Job Outlook for Gas compressor and gas pumping station operators
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -100
- Growth rate: -1 percent (Little or no change)
How to Become a Gas compressor or gas pumping station operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.