Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
Top 3 correctional supervisor Jobs
Chemical Operator II
- Houghton International Inc.
- Detroit, MI
• Follows manufacturing instructions to produce finished goods safely, accurately, consistently and in a timely manner.
Supervisor, Accounts Receivable
- San Carlos, CA
Review and post AR batches (Invoices, Payments, Credit Memos, and Debit Memos)
• Review and approve refund requests
• Work with other teams to
- Cambridge, MA
Ability to delegate and oversee tasks of peers; may provide assistance and/or training to
See all correctional supervisor jobs
What They Do
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of correctional officers and jailers.
- 2014 employment: 47,600
- May 2015 median annual wage: $59,720
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 1,500
- Growth rate: 3 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.