Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
Top 3 correctional supervisor Jobs
Quality Control Supervisor
- Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID)
- Wilsonville, OR
Facilitate proper completion of quality control related tasks within required time frames by working closely with Quality Control staff. Assess and
- Pembroke, NC
Responsible for reporting and tracking
QUALITY ASSURANCE SENIOR SPECIALIST
- Medicago USA
- Durham, NC
Perform investigation review and approval to meet timelines needed to support batch disposition.
· Provide timely, accurate reports and assessments
See all correctional supervisor jobs
What They Do
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of correctional officers and jailers.
- 2014 employment: 47,600
- May 2015 median annual wage: $59,720
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 1,500
- Growth rate: 3 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.