First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
Top 3 correctional supervisor Jobs
Supervising Registered Nurse II (Statewide)
- California Correctional Health Care Services
- Stratford, CA
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking experienced and skilled CA-licensed ... supervisory capacity, and two years of which must have been in a general acute care hospital ...
Supervising Field Representative (Union Business Agent)
- California Correctional Peace Officers Association
- West Sacramento, CA
Union Supervising Field Representative (Business Agent) The California Correctional Peace Officers Association, labor representative for over twenty-five thousand state correctional peace officers ...
Correctional Lieutenant MECC
- Missouri State Department of Corrections
- Pacific, MO
Serves as: assistant/relief shift supervisor in an adult correctional facility with the Division of Adult Institutions OR assistant/relief shift supervisor in a community release center with the ...
What They Do
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of correctional officers and jailers.
- 2014 employment: 47,600
- May 2015 median annual wage: $59,720
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 1,500
- Growth rate: 3 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.