Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
Top 3 construction supervisor Jobs
Mechanical Construction Supervisor I
- California Department of Water Resources
- Sacramento, CA
This exam is administered as an open/statewide exam but is only administered once a calendar year. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications as
Commercial Construction Supervisor
- Livermore, CA
Responsible for overseeing the safety and progress of Construction personnel. Negotiates and
Assistant Construction Supervisor
- Dorchester Habitat for Humanity
- Summerville, SC
Oversee the construction process on all Dorchester Habitat for Humanity projects.
▪ Supervise and lead on-site construction, including the
See all construction supervisor jobs
What They Do
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of construction or extraction workers.
- 2014 employment: 578,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $62,070
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 57,700
- Growth rate: 10 percent (Faster than average)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: 5 years or more
- Typical on-the-job training: None
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.