Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Engineers (all other): Career, Salary and Education Information
Engineers (all other)
Top 3 Engineers Jobs
Senior Project Manager (Structural Engineering)
- Hinman Consulting Engineers
- San Francisco, California, United States,
Our team of engineers and technical experts offers risk management and protective design services, to resist explosion effects, fires and other extreme hazards/threats. As a world leader in ...
Senior Mechanical Engineer
- TETER Architects and Engineers
- San Luis Obispo County, California, United States,
If so, consider joining TETER Architects + Engineers , Central California's premier Architecture and Engineering Firm. We're currently looking to fill a variety of positions including a Senior ...
Performance Engine Development Engineers
- PDS Tech, Inc.
- Los Angeles County, California, United States,
Looking for Assoc Engine Development Engineers with 1-5 yrs experience. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder - No Sponsorships Responsibilities include: Perform and report on testing relating to ...
See all Engineers jobs
What Engineers Do
All engineers not listed separately.
- 2014 employment: 136,900
- May 2015 median annual wage: $95,900
Job Outlook for Engineers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 5,500
- Growth rate: 4 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become an Engineer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: Bachelor's degree
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: None
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.