Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Dishwashers: Career, Salary and Education Information
Top 3 dishwashers Jobs
- Uptown Coney Island
- Ann Arbor, MI
in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to
- HuHot Mongolian Grill
- Sun Prairie, WI
Ability to safely operate a commercial dish machine
• Ability to manage safe use of chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing
• Ability to re-stock
- The Pig Boys Inc.
- Salt Lake City, UT
Scrape, rinse, and load dishes and utensils into dish machine
• Wash and sanitize all pans, utensils, and dishes
• Clean, sanitize, and
See all dishwashers jobs
What Dishwashers Do
Clean dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, or utensils.
- 2014 employment: 507,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $19,340
Job Outlook for Dishwashers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -19,500
- Growth rate: -4 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Dishwasher
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.