Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Dishwashers: Career, Salary and Education Information
Top 3 dishwasher Jobs
- Leisure Care
- Everett, WA
At Leisure Care we strive to positively impact the lives of our customers and employees each and every day. Our culture is rich with people who
- Community Psychiatric Clinic
- Seattle, WA
Cascade Hall location.
• Clean and
sanitize all dishes, eating and cooking
- Traditions Spirits
- Thackerville, OK
Carries clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas
• Rewashes soiled dishes before delivering
• Change dishwater in dish
See all dishwasher jobs
What Dishwashers Do
Clean dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, or utensils.
- 2014 employment: 507,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $19,340
Job Outlook for Dishwashers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -19,500
- Growth rate: -4 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Dishwasher
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.