Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Dishwashers: Career, Salary and Education Information
Top 3 dishwashers Jobs
- The Pig Boys Inc.
- Salt Lake City, UT
Scrape, rinse, and load dishes and utensils into dish machine
• Wash and sanitize all pans, utensils, and dishes
• Clean, sanitize, and
- GreenFields of Geneva
- Geneva, IL
Must maintain safe and clean environment in all areas.
We are an Equal Opportunity
- Traditions Spirits
- Thackerville, OK
We believe in exceeding our employees' expectations by treating them like family and acknowledging them as our most valuable assets. We can't operate
See all dishwashers jobs
What Dishwashers Do
Clean dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, or utensils.
- 2014 employment: 507,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $19,340
Job Outlook for Dishwashers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -19,500
- Growth rate: -4 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Dishwasher
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.