Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Designers (all other): Career, Salary and Education Information
Designers (all other)
Top 3 Designers Jobs
- Anderson Eckstein and Westrick, Inc.
- Shelby Township, MI
Work includes performing design/drafting assignments for municipal and private civil engineering projects.
- Carithers Wallace Courtenay
- Atlanta, GA
• Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design from a CIDA
- Los Angeles, CA
Candidate must have flair for fashion and be detail oriented, and know Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator & Microsoft
See all Designers jobs
What Designers Do
All designers not listed separately.
- 2014 employment: 8,900
- May 2015 median annual wage: $53,280
Job Outlook for Designers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 600
- Growth rate: 6 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become a Designer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: Bachelor's degree
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: None
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.