Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Derrick Operators (Oil and Gas): Career Information
Derrick Operators (Oil and Gas)
Top 3 derrick operator Jobs
Utility Construction Crews
- Ansco and Associates, LLC
- Greenville, SC
Preferred candidate will have experience within the Utility Construction/Maintenance industry (installation/repair/maintenance associated with
Directional Drill Operator
- Infratech Corporation
- Granbury, TX
and load capacities for equipment to be operated.
• Know Safety Systems associated with operating
- Primoris Aevenia
- Johnston, IA
Train and instruct Apprentice Linemen.
· Maintain all on site equipment.
· Oversee and lead crew members.
· Operate, inspect, and maintain aerial
See all derrick operator jobs
What Derrick operators Do
Rig derrick equipment and operate pumps to circulate mud through drill hole.
Derrick operator Salaries
- 2014 employment: 21,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $47,910
Job Outlook for Derrick operators
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 2,900
- Growth rate: 13 percent (Faster than average)
How to Become a Derrick operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.