Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Derrick Operators (Oil and Gas): Career Information
Derrick Operators (Oil and Gas)
Top 3 derrick operator Jobs
Journeyman High Voltage Power Lineman
- Vaughn Industries, LLC
- Canton, OH
We have an opening for a Journeyman Power Lineman. We have offices in Carey and Lewis Center, OH, and Wilson, NC. We offer full time positions with
Highway Sign Installer
- Rite Lite Signs
- Concord, NC
Excavating overhead sign foundations
• Drilling footings with derrick digger
• Set and tie re-bar cages
• Installing concrete forms
Electrician Journeyman and Apprentice
- TradeMark Electric Inc.
- Fort Worth, TX
We have proudly served North Texas for over 18 years and continue to treat our employees like one of the family.
See all derrick operator jobs
What Derrick operators Do
Rig derrick equipment and operate pumps to circulate mud through drill hole.
Derrick operator Salaries
- 2014 employment: 21,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $47,910
Job Outlook for Derrick operators
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 2,900
- Growth rate: 13 percent (Faster than average)
How to Become a Derrick operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.