Derrick Operators (Oil and Gas)
Top 1 Derrick Operator Jobs
Derrickhand - (Prudhoe Bay, AK)
- Parker Wellbore
- Prudhoe Bay, AK
Ensure Authorized To Operate (ATO) and Approved Competent Operator (ACO) are applied and followed. * Straps and measures tubular, casing and tools as required. * Handles tubular in the derrick as ...
What Derrick operators Do
Rig derrick equipment and operate pumps to circulate mud or fluid through drill hole.
Derrick operator Salaries
- 2020 employment: 9,000
- May 2021 median annual wage: $47,230
Job Outlook for Derrick operators
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 2,700
- Growth rate: 30 percent (Much faster than average)
How to Become a Derrick operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.