Derrick Operators (Oil and Gas)
Top 2 Derrick Operator Jobs
Derrick Hand (Workover Rig)-Dickinson ND
- Wyoming Casing Service, Inc
- Dickinson, ND
A Derrick hand handles the uppermost section of the working string as it is brought from or lowered ... Takes directions from the Operator or Relief Operator . Duties & Responsibilities: * Assist the ...
FLOORHAND - Alaska
- Nabors Industries, Ltd.
- Anchorage, AK
Operating of the tongs and slips to connect and dis-connect drill pipe, tubulars, casing and drill ... When trained, relieve the Derrickhand in the derrick Essential Functions: * Attention span to stay ...
What Derrick operators Do
Rig derrick equipment and operate pumps to circulate mud or fluid through drill hole.
Derrick operator Salaries
- 2020 employment: 9,000
- May 2021 median annual wage: $47,230
Job Outlook for Derrick operators
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 2,700
- Growth rate: 30 percent (Much faster than average)
How to Become a Derrick operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.