Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Cutters and Trimmers (Hand): Career and Salary Information
Cutters and Trimmers (Hand)
Top 3 cutters and trimmers Jobs
- Molding Dynamics Inc
- Bedford, OH
Visually inspect a part for conformance to standards for that particular part. There may also be a need to measure, trim, fixture, bend, fold
- Stampede Meat, Inc.
- Sunland Park, NM
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regular
- Parallel Employment
- Racine, WI
Supervise a production line of 16-24 people
• Training of employees and new starts based off of daily production needs
• Supervising production
See all cutters and trimmers jobs
What Cutters and trimmers Do
Use hand tools or hand-held power tools to cut and trim a variety of manufactured items, such as carpet, fabric, stone, glass, or rubber.
Cutter and trimmer Salaries
- 2014 employment: 15,800
- May 2015 median annual wage: $26,820
Job Outlook for Cutters and trimmers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -2,800
- Growth rate: -17 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Cutter or trimmer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.