Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Cutters and Trimmers (Hand): Career and Salary Information
Cutters and Trimmers (Hand)
Top 3 cutter and trimmer Jobs
- Fremont, CA
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge
- Spartan Printing, Inc.
- Lansing, MI
Salary negotiable, depending on experience.
Please apply in person to: Spartan Printing, 15551 S US Highway 27, Lansing MI 48906
Bindery Sticher Cutter Folder Operators
- NPC Newspaper Printing
- Tampa, FL
Achieves production and quality standards by observing equipment operations; detecting malfunctions and deviations; adjusting controls
See all cutter and trimmer jobs
What Cutters and trimmers Do
Use hand tools or hand-held power tools to cut and trim a variety of manufactured items, such as carpet, fabric, stone, glass, or rubber.
Cutter and trimmer Salaries
- 2014 employment: 15,800
- May 2015 median annual wage: $26,820
Job Outlook for Cutters and trimmers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -2,800
- Growth rate: -17 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Cutter or trimmer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.