What Credit analysts Do
Analyze credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. Prepare reports with credit information for use in decisionmaking. Excludes Financial Risk Specialists.
Credit analyst Salaries
- 2020 employment: 73,000
- May 2021 median annual wage: $77,440
Job Outlook for Credit analysts
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -4,300
- Growth rate: -6 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Credit analyst
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: Bachelor's degree
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: None
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.