Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Chemical Plant and System Operators: Career Information
Chemical Plant and System Operators
Top 3 chemical system operator Jobs
Senior Engineering Project Manager
- Global OTC/Consumer Products Manufacturer
- Hauppauge, NY
Types of projects may including manufacturing, packaging, boiler upgrades, waste water systems, dust collection, room buildouts, etc.
Chemical Control Systems Operator
- Harcros Chemicals
- Kansas City, MO
Operates and monitors DCS Delta V control system.
Operates reactor instruments and controls and other process equipment to maintain pressure
Chemical Systems Operator
- The Wonderful Company LLC
- Bend, OR
Here's what you'll do:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
See all chemical system operator jobs
What Chemical plant and system operators Do
Control or operate entire chemical processes or system of machines.
Chemical plant and system operator Salaries
- 2014 employment: 38,100
- May 2015 median annual wage: $59,320
Job Outlook for Chemical plant and system operators
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -3,500
- Growth rate: -9 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Chemical plant or system operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Long-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.