Kelly R. Jones
123 Main Street, Apt. 101
New York, New York 10001
- Auditor position in the public accounting field in the Chicago area.
- More than two years of progressive accounting and auditing experience
- Auditor internship with Ernst & Young in New York City
- Magna Cum Laude graduate with BBA in Accounting
- Proficient with MS Office, Windows, and the Internet
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, May 2017
- Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.6 on a 4.0 scale
- Courses included:
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Corporate Audit
- Accounting I & II
- Accounting for Not-For-Profits
- Intermediate Accounting I & II
- Managerial Economics
- Internal Audit &Finance
- Auditor Internship, June 2016-August 2016
- Ernst & Young, New York, New York
- Participated in the annual audit of Omega Megalithic Holdings, including development of the final certification report
- Participated in quarterly audit of Alpha Bank Corporation, including identification and correction of over twenty major accounting errors
- Developed several Excel spreadsheet macros currently in use for reducing entry time and automatically cross-referencing for errors
- Received Employee of the Month award twice—first intern ever to win the award
- Accounts Payable/Bookkeeping Clerk, June 2015-August 2015
- Anytown Tax and Bookkeeping Service, Anytown, New York
- Assisted (via remote) with payroll, tax, and account processing
- Developed automated monthly sales tax payment system
- Implemented Rapid Tax Refund service for individual customers
- Vice President, Student Accountancy Chapter, 2016-2017
- Treasurer, Beta Gamma Sigma honors society, 2016-2017
- Dorm Resident Assistant, 2015-2017
Like what you see and want make this template your own? Download the template or use our
Quickstart Resume Generator.
Free Expert Resume Analysis - Get your resume evaluated by a professional resume expert. You'll receive specific suggestions for improvements within three days. Resume writing services also available.
After reading this sample resume, you might find yourself somewhat intimidated. "How could I ever compete with someone like that?" For those of you who are near graduation, don't worry—very few have a background that strong (and if they do, Ernst & Young has probably already hired them). For those of you who have time remaining before graduation and have yet to fully develop your end product, you can still change your work experience so that you will look strong on paper.
Remember, looking good on paper is only the first step. The sample resume is provided primarily for formatting purposes. Even someone with a mediocre background will look much stronger by following that tight, concise format and structure.
A reader recently wrote, "One company said they called me in because it was the best resume they had seen in ten years." This format works. Use it.