Shamrock Building Systems Inc. - Smyrna, GA Shamrock Building Systems, Inc. is looking to add a highly motivated Project Engineer to our company for an immediate opening. We are a Design Build General Contractor specializing in the self storage industry, commercial, and industrial markets. Shamrock Building Systems, Inc. has been in business for over 30 years and committed to providing high quality construction at a competitive price.
Summary: The Project Engineer will assist Project Managers who are responsible for managing the design build construction process from inception to completion. The project engineer will also assist as needed the design and estimating team.
Project Engineer Position:
- General knowledge of commercial construction
- Ability to read and review drawings and related documents (Civil, Architectural, Structural, MEP)
- Review Drawings, identify, and log discrepancies
- Maintain updated sets of construction drawings for field use
- Create, manage and track RFI’s from the field to the design team
- Maintain/update project records for multiple jobs
- Experience reviewing submittals & RFI's.
- Coordinate permit submittals and track job progress thru the permitting process
- Monitor and Track permit submittals in various municipalities
- Answer and solve drawing related questions from the field
- Review Submittals from Subcontractors to confirm compliance with design drawings
- Drafts accurate scopes of work to be included in subcontracts and/or purchase order agreements
- Ensures subcontract agreements and amendments are issued/returned and follow up as needed
- Maintain control of all project documentation for multiple jobs
- Understands contract terms and obligations to ensure work in progress is within scope
- Assists in the resolution of issues with subcontractors, vendors, architects and owners
- Contributes to ensuring project completion is on time or ahead of schedule and with the expected level of profitability
- Professional level writing skills appropriate for correspondence including subcontracts, reports and responses to various clients, contractors and other agencies
- Experienced in managing multiple projects
- Strong computer skills and ability to work effectively with Submittal / RFI Management Programs, Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent Construction Management experience.
- Experience with AutoDesk (REVIT, CAD, BIM360) Sage300/Timberline, Microsoft Project is a plus
Minimum 1 year successful experience in commercial construction. A strong internship or co-op experience will be considered.
Our office is located in Downtown Smyrna, GA. This is not a remote position.