U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our 'Best' series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News & World Report is hiring a Sales Planner in our New York office to support the growing advertising team. The Sales Planner reports into the Associate Director of Marketing and Sales Strategy and is responsible for developing digital and integrated media plans and programs.
Successful candidates for this position can anticipate a collaborative environment filled with brainstorming meetings and opportunities to learn. We are seeking an inquisitive candidate that has a positive, energetic and open demeanor with the ability to self-start with an interest in digital advertising.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Provide support to Account Executives by helping prepare for sales meetings, build client relationships and stay informed regarding their account lists.
- Set up and organize brainstorm meetings in response to receiving RFP with appropriate team members
- Strategize and respond to RFP's, ensuring that the sales team has the required sales materials and support information for all responses. Includes: brainstorming and creating media plans and decks, requesting accurate research, organizing creative mockups in collaboration with the design team, checking available inventory, and coordinating technical feasibility of ideas.
- Be an expert on site content, new features and new ad units in order to put together the best media plans possible.
- Act as point person with clients when Account Executives are not available
- Develop a strong understanding of the U.S. News brand, help develop new online programs/products and create relevant client-specific sales materials
- Stay current on latest trends, new products and digital media landscape
- Perform related duties as required and take initiative to improve processes & work efficiencies.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with a commitment to detail
- Detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task—must be able to juggle multiple projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Must have strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Candidates must provide a resume to be considered. Cover letter is encouraged.
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity.
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth.
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training.
- Collaborative Work Environment - Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers.
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Please note that we will not offer visa sponsorship for this role.