Great Hearts Academies is a growing non-profit network of 42 schools currently serving almost 20,000 students in Arizona and Texas. Great Hearts’ academies are substantially outperforming other public and private schools, proving that public, tuition-free schools can do a superb job of educating students if they are smaller, more efficient, and set higher expectations for all students through a core, classical liberal arts curriculum. We gladly prepare our graduates for success in the best colleges and universities in the nation, but our main purpose is the formation of the soul, heart, and mind. We believe that the highest goal of education is to become good, intellectually and morally.
JOB OPENINGS 2022-23:
· Mathematics: Pre-Algebra to Calculus
· Sciences: Life Science, Earth/Physical Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry
· Humanities: Western Traditions of Literature, History, Philosophy, Economics
· Elementary Classroom Teachers and Apprentice Teachers
· Fine Arts: Music, Poetry, Visual Arts, Drama
· Languages: Latin, Ancient Greek, Spanish, French
· Special Education and ESL: Coordinators, Resource Teachers, Math/Reading Interventionists
· Physical Education: Teachers, Coaches (Extracurricular)
APPRENTICE TEACHER PROGRAM:
This program offers new teachers an intentional, individualized course of study and mentorship with a Master Teacher as they learn the craft of teaching in a classical, liberal arts primary-school environment. This full-time, paid apprenticeship is ideal for individuals who wish to gain valuable experience in the Great Hearts classroom. Upon the successful completion of the program and milestones, Apprentices are recommended to lead teaching roles in lower, middle, or upper schools across the network.
- Our academies
are bastions of academic rigor and excellence and attract students who are
curious and diligent.
- Classes are run Socratically - teachers are expected to be guides as well as participants in the search for Truth, Goodness, and Beauty.
- The faculty of Great Hearts Academies is a true community of life-long learners who, together, participate in seminars, attend classical music concerts, hear lectures on art, philosophy, mathematics, and other topics in the liberal arts, and enjoy frequent fellowship (frequently over food and drink!)
- Certification is not required; while many of our teachers do come from education programs or other local public schools, most others hold undergraduate/graduate degrees in the academic subjects they teach and/or undergraduate or graduate degrees from top liberal arts programs.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates may begin the application
online. The site offers much information about
teaching at Great Hearts, and includes a brief initial application,
through which you may submit materials for review by Headmasters and Lead
Office staff. Per your indication of regional preferences (Arizona and/or
Texas), and openness to consideration in multiple regions, we will make your
application available to all relevant Headmasters and/or Hiring Managers. If
you have further questions, you may email us. email@example.com
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Dallas, Texas, United States
Irving, Texas, United States
Arlington, Texas, United States
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Online Academies in Texas and Arizona
WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIREMENTS
US work authorization is required, but we do accept OPT/CPT candidates.