U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
We believe in having a broad range of talent and backgrounds at U.S. News. We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
- U.S. News & World Report is hiring a Research Coordinator for our rapidly growing business-to-business communications efforts with a variety of industries, including education, healthcare and consumer products.
- The Research Coordinator will be responsible for researching contacts at colleges, hospitals, etc. through various sources for our sales team.
- The ideal candidate has the following qualities: detail-oriented, good writing skills, strong Excel experience, good analytical skills, ability to pivot in a fast-paced environment, team player.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Search for marketing and communication leaders at reputable corporations, universities, hospitals, and other organizations using various data sources.
- Assist in maintaining a database of contacts and leads for our sales team.
- Prepare contact and lead files to ingest into our customer-relationship management system.
- Work with the sales team to research additional leads for time-sensitive deals
- Assist in preparing email lists for various email campaigns.
- Correspond with communicators at leading corporations and non-profits.
- Comprehensive understanding of our products, our competitive categories, our clients, and our values.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in marketing or in an analytical or research-oriented field.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment, where processes and systems are still under construction and priorities may shift.
- Analytical and data driven with a test-and-learn mentality.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects.
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity.
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth.
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, training, and performance bonuses.
- Collaborative Work Environment - Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers.
- Flexibility regarding in-office versus remote work. Offices are in New York (near Union Square, Manhattan) and Washington, DC (Georgetown).
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, the Company will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.